Capital People has supported a broad range of clients, across the UK and internationally, over the last 10 years. The consultancy is in a new phase of growth. We have a fantastic opportunity for an HR Consultant to join our team.
The role is based at our Headquarters in Cardiff and will require travel (likely M4 corridor and London) to service clients effectively.
The perfect candidate will have a broad HR skill set (with ideally a few specialisms) together with a belief that every client (and, therefore, every solution) is unique. Our clients require guidance, advice and consultancy on a broad range of HR services and strategies. It’s imperative that the solutions are carefully thought through and relevant.
You will have the benefit of working with a team of HR Consultants who provide collegiate support and guidance, together with Central Support (e.g. Marketing, IT etc.).
A broad outline of desired skills and behaviours is:
- Commercially astute and a genuine desire to learn and understand client’s core business and their needs
- Confidence, credibility and gravitas with clients (eg MDs, HRDs, CFOs) and internal stakeholders
- Genuine passion for client care and understanding
- Broad HR knowledge and ability to lead on event driven projects (e.g. conducting independent and complex grievance and disciplinary investigations) and longer term projects (developing HR strategy for clients)
- Great presentation and facilitation skills
- Self-sufficient and an ability to work on your own or with minimum supervision
- Ability to write proposals and communicate effectively to support the origination of new clients
We would be interested in hearing from in-house HR professionals that meet the requirements and self-employed consultants where business development, client relationship and account management has been integral to the role.
Please email your CV to email@example.com and/or for an informal discussion please call Paul Clayton, Head of HR on 07718 059545 or Monica Newton on 07920 529045.