Here are some examples of the work we’ve been involved in:
National Assembly for Wales – Senedd Debating Chamber
Jeremy was the lead lawyer in advising the Assembly on the drafting and negotiation of the construction documentation relating to the Debating Chamber which was one of the most high profile projects in Wales. The documents included GC Works Contract with amendments, appointments, warranties, bonds and a parent company guarantee. Capital value £60 million.
Joint Venture Contractor – Gold Line Doha Metro Project (Qatar)
Acting for JV in relation to the world’s largest civil engineering project including drafting of the joint venture agreement, the negotiation of the main contract, consultants’ appointments, turbine boring machine contracts, supply contracts and associated security documents including guarantees, bonds and collateral warranties. Capital value £2 billion.
Wembley National Stadium Limited – redevelopment of Wembley Stadium
Advising on construction aspects of the proposed redevelopment of the stadium. The appointment included the provision of advice to WNSL on procurement issues, the preliminary works agreement and collateral warranties. Capital value £800 million.
Bangor University and Gwalia Housing Association
This was a partnership project to provide brand new purpose built accommodation for over 1000 students over the next 30 years, that included:
- advising on the drafting and negotiation of extensive contract documentation relating to a PFI project including a 30 year Facilities Maintenance Service Contract
- highly complex transaction, involving number of firms and extensive cross-working teams
- over 100 separate documents to be agreed – to very tight timescales – including:
- the project agreement and schedules
- the bespoke construction contract documentation
- the bespoke facilities management contract documentation
- finance documentation including facility agreement, including notices and acknowledges of charges over the documents
- all property documentation
- managing corporate issues including constitutional and governance matters
- the payment mechanism relating to the payment of the Unitary Charge by the University to Gwalia
- project value circa 40 million
UWIC/Cardiff Metropolitan University
Advising in relation to construction issues arising from their redevelopment programme. Providing advice on the use of NEC form of contract. Jeremy was the key contact for the University and conducted regular monthly meetings to review progress on the various matters instructed.
Advising on the development of new student accommodation, including the building contract, consultant’s appointment, warranties, bonds and guarantees. Capital value over £10 million.
Advising in relation to a public – private partnership regarding the refurbishment and facilities maintenance of existing accommodation blocks. Capital value £11 million.
Also advising on the design and build of various accommodation and facilities on campus and the provision of facilities management services.
Advising on the development of new student accommodation and associated facilities, including advice on the form of procurement, the building contracts, appointments, warranties and security documents.
Also advising in respect of arbitration proceedings brought by main contractor in respect of variations under a design and build contract. Claim successfully defended.
Jeremy was the key contract partner for the University and attended regular monthly meetings to review progress.