Here are some examples of the work we’ve been involved in:
- Tidal Energy Limited – Tidal Stream
Advising Cardiff-based marine renewable energy Company, Tidal Energy Limited in relation to the development and testing of a prototype demonstrator tidal stream project off the Welsh coast, including advising on the on-shore and off-shore contracts (based on LOGIC forms of contract).This is the first project of its type in Wales.
Waste to Energy
- Spanish Contractor – Waste to Energy
Capital Value £180million
Advising a Spanish waste contractor, which included the drafting and negotiation of the Project Agreement and associated documentation, in respect of a municipality waste to energy project. The Spanish Company were in a joint venture with a major UK contractor, who recommended the team to the Spanish Company.
- County Council – Waste to Energy
Capital Value £200million
Advising on the drafting and negotiation of various bespoke construction documents including the advance works agreement, the Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract, consultant’s appointments, security documents (including advance payment, retention and performance bonds) and collateral warranties.
Oil and Gas
Advising client on the drafting and negotiation of engineering process contracts entered into with contractors undertaking works at the oil refinery.
- Dragon LNG(or Liquid Natural Gas Terminal in Milford Haven)
Advising Dragon LNG in respect of their contracts with suppliers and contractors and provides advice on the industry specific liability issues they face, as well as assisting the client with the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts.
Advising a client in the oil and gas sector in respect of a joint venture with an African based oil company including undertaking a risk due diligence exercise in relation to the venture.
- Government Agency – Hydro
Advising client in relation to hydroelectric station/ fish pass works involving a joint venture agreement and the NEC 3 Form of Contract.
Advising various Developers of wind farms on renewable projects in Wales including EPC, turbine supply, civil and electrical/mechanical, operation and maintenance contracts.
Advising the client on the funding and development of a number of single wind turbine projects in West Wales. Putting Lease (Prop Co) and Sub Lease (Op Co) arrangements in place for the funder along with easements over third party land to make the requisite grid connections.
- Advising a global provider of parts for wind turbines on international commercial contracts
- Warm Wales – Energy Conservation and Efficiency
Advising an energy consultancy, in relation to a number of energy related matters concerning energy conservation and efficiency
- Advising several Renewable Energy Consulting Companies on corporate documentation
- Acting for a UK based company in the sale of a coal recovery business in Poland and advising them on joint venture, equipment leasing and finance documentation in respect of coal recovery projects in the UK
- Advising on various joint ventures in the renewable industry including a Biomass fuelled vessel
- Advising on a European merger between a German and UK solar energy company.
- Advising a Canary Island based solar and wind power company on international expansion
Health and Safety
- Acting for a provider of health and safety solutions and training to the renewable industry in respect of their corporate and finance documentation and providing advise on cross border projects
- Advising a client on financing and corporate documentation in relation to a Bio Diesel Plant
Acting for a Dutch owned group in the recycling sector in relation to their corporate, finance and commercial documentation.