Capital Law’s Employment Law Diploma
Our Employment Law Diploma keeps you on the right side of the law with day to day employment matters like recruitment, absence, discipline, poor performance and business change.
The Diploma is a professional development programme. It covers a wide range of employment law topics – delivered by experienced experts – and provides practical information and pragmatic advice for the workplace. We run the Diploma in association with the Centre for Professional Legal Studies at Cardiff University.
The Employment Law Diploma will increase your technical knowledge of employment law. It provides an opportunity to apply that knowledge in a supportive learning environment.
The course is designed to be challenging – but also enjoyable and rewarding. You’ll have the chance to interact with other candidates during the training days, share practical experiences and build up a network of contacts.
Who is it for?
The programme is perfect for anyone who regularly handles HR and employment law matters and wants to be sure they are making the right call. This includes head office or line managers and members of the HR or legal team.
The CPLS assessment also makes it ideal for anyone who is looking for an external mark of quality and rigour, or additional evidence of a return on their investment.
What the Employment Law Diploma covers
We know that time away from work is precious. We generally split the training into three two-day modules, spread over six months. We can always adapt this to suit you.
The sessions are practical and jargon free. They cover:
- Essential employment law
- Managing discipline and grievances
- Business change and discrimination.
Cardiff Law School sets and marks the course assessments. To be awarded the certificate, you’ll need to successfully:
– attend all three of contact sessions, coming prepared to discuss the self-study units
– complete either a written assignment or develop of a portfolio
– pass one closed-book multiple choice test under supervision
– submit a second written assignment.
What are the benefits?
Capital’s Employment Law Diploma offers:
- a cost effective and shorter alternative to the CIPD qualification in Employment Law
- the chance to identify, and proactively manage, areas of risk in your organisation
- the opportunity to learn from fellow delegates’ experiences and gain insight into best practice from other organisations
- protection against costly tribunal claims and wasted management time
- the chance to consult a trainer on specific challenges that your organisation faces
- an assessed certificate in employment law
- a copy of our 100+ page employment law manual.
Register your interest
We run up to two intakes of the programme each year in London and Cardiff. The price per delegate for the programme is £1995 + VAT.
To secure a place on our Employment Law Diploma starting 28th November, click here.
For more information and details of other upcoming dates, please register your interest here and we’ll be in touch.
‘The content and delivery of the programme is excellent. Feedback from those attending was so positive that we asked Capital Law to run a bespoke programme specifically for Admiral…so that we could send a much larger group this year. And, an unexpected benefit we have found is that the programme is so practical our people started using what they learned immediately… even before they completed the programme!’ – Ceri Assiratti, People Services Manager, Admiral