Equal Opportunities: Back to Basics
Equal opportunities has been in the spotlight recently. It’s set to come under even closer scrutiny in the months to come, following the recent publication of the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s report, “Turning the tables: ending sexual harassment at work”, which identified widespread failures by employers to provide both fair and effective grievance procedures and sufficiently detailed sexual harassment policies, and to ensure complainants will not be victimised as a result of making complaints.
Our Equal Opportunities: Back to Basics course is a comprehensive guide to the basics of discrimination at work. We can run the course for your HR team, groups of line managers, or even for your whole workforce.
The course will cover:
- Who is responsible for ensuring equal opportunity at work?
- The nine protected characteristics
- When does the law protect you against discrimination at work?
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Disability discrimination, including what we mean by ‘disability’
- Protection for part-time workers
- Protection for fixed-term employees
- How to deal with complaints regarding discrimination
- What you should be doing next
Register your interest
If you are interested in us running the course in house for your HR team and/or line managers on a date to suit you, register your interest here and we’ll be in touch.
The running time is 2.5 hours and the price for a group of delegates is £450.