Sport & Leisure
Tel: 07850 142 747
Chris is a commercial disputes lawyer, senior partner of Capital Law LLP and a director of the firm’s integrated management consultancy, Capital People.
Chris’ legal work involves resolving disputes between business owners and investors.
Chris’ recent work includes:
- A £100m claim by employees against their former CEO who had misappropriated their shares
- Cardiff City’s dispute with Sam Hammam
- Lawyers implicated in a Serious Fraud Office prosecution
- Advising private equity funds to exit partners
- Cancer drug patent holder’s £1 billion dispute with their investors
- A University’s dispute with a former joint venture business partner.
Other work outside law includes:
- Chair of the Welsh Government’s Financial & Professional Services sector panel
- Initial Chair and then member of the Central Cardiff Enterprise Zone
- Member of the Task & Finish Group for Development Bank for Wales
- Non-Executive Director of Cardiff Blues
- Chairman of The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, 2007-2011
- Founder and Chairman of Knife and Fork Limited (pub and restaurant group)
- Trustee of Monmouth Haberdashers Schools Trust
- Member of BBC Audience Council for Wales
- Director of University of South Wales
- Chair of Cardiff Community Housing Association Ltd
In December 2016, Chris received an OBE for services to Business and Economic development in Wales.