Tel: 029 2047 4418/ 07966 551 197
After graduating from the University of Oxford in law with first class honours, David has almost 10 years’ extensive experience advising on all aspects of employment law for both employers and employees.
On joining Capital Law’s employment team in January 2017, he brings expertise in both contentious and non-contentious areas, including:
- Bringing and defending most types of claims in the employment tribunal, including unfair dismissal, discrimination, equal pay, breach of contract, unauthorised deduction from wages, holiday pay, breach of the Agency Worker Regulations and failure to consult under TUPE
- Experience of litigation in the higher courts, including the Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal
- Advising on employment law implications for business sales, including TUPE
- Guidance on business restructuring, including both individual and collective redundancy consultation
- Advising employers on exit strategies for senior employees and executives
- Advising senior employees and executives of their employment rights and negotiating settlement agreements
David has wide experience in acting for the public sector as well as private. For several years he was instructed by the NHS in Wales in numerous employment tribunal claims and provided advice on complex non-contentious issues, including the calculation of holiday entitlement for term-time workers, TUPE implications for share services and bringing in-house GP out of hours services.
David has regularly published articles on current employment law issues, most recently concerning the legal implications surrounding discriminatory dress codes.